Moving day: it’s both exciting and stressful. On the one hand, you’re about to start a new chapter of your life – in a new home, a new city, maybe even a new province or country! At the same time, however, moving is a stressful undertaking. You have to organize packing and cleaning along with updating your personal information, making sure you have the utilities ready to go in your new place, and arranging the transportation of your belongings to their new residence.
No wonder moving can feel so overwhelming! But it doesn’t have to be.
Moving companies in Hamilton can take the stress out of moving day. At Appleby Moving & Storage Ltd., we offer both local and long distance moving. We have moving supplies to help you pack and storage units available for belongings that you can’t quite move yet and need to keep safe.
Why Hire Professional Moving Companies in Hamilton or Burlington?
Whether you’re moving across the city or across the country, hire professional moving companies in Hamilton and Burlington to reap numerous benefits:
- First of all, you will have peace of mind knowing your most breakable belongings are being handled carefully. While it may seem like a cheaper option to ask your friends and family members to help you move, they may not be trained in how to move fragile objects. This could result in damage to furniture, pictures, china, and other breakable items, leaving you paying more in the long run to fix or replace something.
- Secondly, it’s safer for you. Lifting heavy boxes and furniture can take a toll on your body. The last thing you need is medical expenses on top of your moving ones. Professional moving companies come equipped with dollies, forklifts, hoists, wraps, pads, and other supplies to help move a variety of different items, including the heavy ones.
- Lastly, properly licensed and insured moving companies in Hamilton or Burlington are held accountable should anything go wrong with the move. Movers will also have insurance for your items as well, so you aren’t left footing the whole bill if something falls and breaks.
Avoid Bad Moving Companies in Burlington & Hamilton With These Tips
Not all moving companies in Burlington or Hamilton are alike. And, sadly, some moving companies are just plain bad. Whether it’s poor customer service, untrained movers, or gouged moving fees, it’s important to carefully consider your moving company before hiring them. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Screen movers and learn as much about them as possible. See what associations they belong to, read testimonials to see what past customers have experienced, and check to see if they have a Better Business Bureau profile. Finding very little information about a company is usually a red flag.
- Avoid movers with prices that are significantly lower than the competition as this is usually too good to be true. We all want to spend less on our moves, but, as they say, you get what you pay for. Cheap movers may not have the experience or skill necessary for the move, leading to damaged property, missing deadlines, and other issues.
- Steer clear of movers that require a high deposit. A deposit fee is used to cover any costs should you change your mind about moving. However, you shouldn’t be paying more than 10% of the job cost. If the deposit fee is higher than 10% of the total cost to move, it’s time to look for a new mover.
Avoid the scams - hire Appleby Moving & Storage. We offer reasonable prices and have years of experience as a moving company. Contact us to request a quote and consultation today.